Dear Friends and Colleagues,
Hello from the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Boston (TECO-Boston).
The COVID-19 pandemic has drastically changed our daily life and remains a major threat to public health. The Ministry of Health and Welfare of the Republic of China (Taiwan) will conduct the "2020 Global Health Forum in Taiwan" from October 23 to 24, 2020, with the main theme as "Achieving SDGs in the Post-COVID-19 Era: Innovation, Inclusion, and Partnership." The forum will be held in a hybrid mode, with a traditional event in Taipei along with virtual access for other participants in the world. We would like to extend the invitation to you for this event.
The details of the forum are as follows:
- Event: 2020 Global Health Forum in Taiwan
- Date: Friday, October 23 to Saturday, October 24, from 9:00 a.m. GMT to 5:30 p.m. GMT (October 22 to October 24, 9:00 p.m. EDT to 5:30 a.m. EDT)
- Main theme: Achieving SDGs in the Post-COVID-19 Era: Innovation, Inclusion, and Partnership
- The forum will be conducted with various keynote speeches and parallel sessions. Please find the agenda of the forum via the following link: http://www.ghftw.org/site/page.aspx?pid=230&sid=1123&lang=en
- The keynote speakers include:
- Dr. Chien-Jen Chen, Former Vice President, R.O.C. (Taiwan), on "Post-COVID-19 Era: Preparing for the Future" (tbc)
- Prof. Sir Michael Marmot, Director of the UCL Institute of He0alth Equity, United Kingdom, on "Social Justice, Health Equity and Covid-19"
- Dr. Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief, The Lancet
- Registration: Please register prior to the event at the website: http://www.ghftw.org/site/page.aspx?pid=226&sid=1123&lang=en
(After registration, participants will receive the link to join the event virtually.)
We welcome your participation in the event! Thank you.