The Institute of Education and the Center for Teacher Education in the College of Social Science, National Sun Yat-sen University is seeking applicants for a tenure track or fixed-term faculty position. Located in Kaohsiung City, the second biggest city in Taiwan, National Sun Yat-sen University is the flagship research university committed to rigorous research, quality teaching and informed public service. The campus is located in the scenic Sizihwan and surrounded by the Longevity Mountain and the Taiwan Strait. The spectacular beach and the sunset are the most popular scenery sought by tourists from all over the world. The position will be responsible for teaching courses at the graduate level; supervising graduate students; conducting a research agenda that includes publications, presentations, and grant writing.
This faculty position offers health benefits by enrollment to NHI Program. Taiwan’s National Health Insurance is known as one of the best social health insurance systems, which provides medical service including outpatient care, inpatient care, Traditional Chinese Medicine, dental care, child delivery, etc.
1. Education: Applicants should have a Ph.D. degree, and demonstrate the potential for outstanding achievement in research or teaching.
2. Fields of Specialty: Education.
3. Eligibility: The candidate must be able to teach graduate-level courses in education and a variety of undergraduate related courses in the center for teacher education; maintain an active research agenda; advise graduate students; and supervise students’ teaching in secondary schools.
1. Application Materials Required:
(1) A cover letter
(2) Curriculum vitae
(3) Other supplement materials
(4) Please put a note if having teaching experiences in secondary schools
2. Application materials should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please have your email titled: “Application for Center for Teacher Education Faculty” or send it via post at:
Center for Teacher Education, National Sun Yat-sen University No.70, Lien-hai Rd., Kaohsiung 804, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
3. Review will start once application is received. Only successful applicants in the first screening will be contacted via phone calls for more information/documents.
Center for Teacher Education, National Sun Yat-sen University, TAIWAN
Tel: +886-7-525-2000 ext. 5881
地址：No.70 Lien-hai Rd., Kaohsiung 80424, Taiwan, R.O.C.