2 Tenure‐track Assistant Professors / Associate Professors / Professors
Doctoral Degree Program of Marine Biotechnology
National Sun Yat‐sen University,
Department/Unit: Doctoral Degree Program of Marine Biotechnology
Closing date for the application: July 31st, 2019
Starting date for Appointment: August 1st, 2020
The Doctoral Degree Program of Marine Biotechnology invites applications for 2 tenure‐track position(s) of Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor in Marine Biotechnology with prospect for substantiation.
Candidates showing excellence and strong interests in the development of marine biotechnology and applications will be considered. Field 1 majors in bioinformatics, to assist the establishment and application of genome databank of marine biology, (marine invertebrates, marine plants, and marine microorganism). Field 2 focuses on development of marine bioresources on pharmaceuticals, green energy, and biocontrol of marine biofouling and other related areas by frontier biotechnological/ chemical methods . Candidates should demonstrate strong record of teaching and have a vision for leading cutting‐edge research in marine biotechnology.
The successful candidates will be expected to
(1) have a PhD degree in the area of chemistry, life science or related disciplines, and with a minimum 2‐year postdoctoral research experience,
(2) have strong interests in the development of biotechnology/chemistry applications on marine life sciences,
(3) teach courses in English,
(4) abide the specifications of the Guidelines for the Employment of Full‐Time Teachers of the University. (For more information, please visit: 請修改網址 http://ope.nsysu.edu.tw/files/11-1017-363.php?Lang=zh-tw
To be considered for the position, all required documentation must be emailed to or mailed via post to the following contact by July 31st, 2019:
1. Curriculum vitae (includes both academic and working/teaching experiences, and a list of publications for the past 5 years (2015‐present);
2. Statement describing future research interests/plans and required research resources, including a proposal related to the development of marine biotechnology and applications;
3. Statement describing future teaching plans, curriculums & mentoring philosophies;
4. PDF files of 1‐3 representative publications;
5. Three recommendation letters directly mail to Prof. Chih‐Chung Liaw (email: email@example.com).
All required documentation must be in PDF
聯絡人：Dr. Chih Chung Liaw
地址：70 Lienhai Rd., Kaohsiung 80424, Taiwan, R.O.C.