The Science and Technology Division in France (hereinafter mentioned as STD/France) is an oversea liaison office of the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) of Taiwan. The Division is based in Paris and acts on behalf of the MOST under the supervision of the Taipei Representative Office in France (Bureau de Representation de Taipei en France).
Other than working with France, the Science Division is also responsible for forging cooperative relationships with other southern European countries such as Italy, Spain, Greece and Portugal.
Among the functions of the Science Division, the priorities are:
* To promote the signing of bilateral science and technology agreements with France and other southern European countries, and to assist the implementation of these agreements.
* To help arrange exchange visits by scientists from Taiwan and France/Spain/Italy to lecture, consult, or to become guest researchers.
* To give assistance to visiting MOST grand winners studying or doing research in France/Spain/Italy.
* To assist recruiting overseas Chinese scientists and scholars to work in Taiwan.
* To promote the Science-based industrial parks in Taiwan and attract high-tech investments to the parks.