In the Statement, the two sides have declared their intention to co-host the public consultation on U.S.-Taiwan Epidemic Prevention Hackathon (#cohack), where experts and other participants collaborate — among different government agencies, among different industries, and among the public and private sectors — to create novel applications and innovative methods to fight the epidemic.
In order to meet front-line requirements, U.S. and Taiwan have interviewed many experts to collect their opinions. With the Pol.is platform, #cohack invites experts and others to express their opinions on six major topics. All views are welcome, for we need to rely on our collective intelligence to innovate and create solutions.
How to Apply
(I) cohack Gathering: May 5-12, 2020（GMT+8）
(II) How to register:
- A. Upload a concept video (no longer than 3 mins) and an introduction (within 300 words, including how to resolve a selected problem, what kind of technology will be used, expected effectiveness) to YouTube.
- B. Complete registration on the official website before the deadline.
(III) Shortlisting process: The committee will hold a meeting to review the applications, and then announce a shortlist with reasons why these solutions are recommended.
(IV) Results announcement: We will announce the top five winners on May 18, 2020.
(V) Selection criteria:
- A. Innovation: Creativity and innovation
- B. Feasibility: Adoption in practice (including resources investment, technology and time)
- C. Social influence and citizen participation: The level of influence in Taiwan and the United States (e.g. in terms of society, environment, and economic value) after the solutions spread.