The Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) and Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), Taipei, Taiwan jointly signed a memorandum of understanding to encourage bilateral cooperation in the field of social sciences and exchange visits, exchanges of scholars and promote bilateral joint research projects. Under this bilateral agreement, the research proposals are invited for grant for joint research projects between Indian and Taiwanese researchers in the field of Humanities and Social Sciences. The emphasis will be laid on new and emerging themes of mutual importance and strengthening of relationships.
This India-Taiwan (ICSSR-MOST) bilateral collaborative research project must be jointly discussed and submitted by the project hosts (Principal Investigators) of India and Taiwan. Among them, the Indian host must apply to the ICSSR in accordance with the regulations of the call guideline; the Taiwanese host of their plan must apply to the MOST for "bilateral agreement expansion’’ “Add-on International Cooperation Research Project".
Applicants must be employed in a research or academic position in a recognized research or academic institution – either publicly funded university/college, deemed universities recognized by the UGC or a publicly funded research institute or ICSSR research institute. They must also hold a PhD or equivalent qualification and have an interest in high quality research which may be evident by past studies, publications and academic background.
Areas of Collaboration:
(1) Economic/ Commerce/ Management/ Business Administration
(2) Sociology and Social Anthropology/ Social Work/ Demography/ Gender Studies
(3) Political Science/International Relations/ Geography/ Public Administration
(4) Psychology/ Education/ Criminology/ Law
(6) Cultural Studies
(7) Area Studies
(8) Other areas mutually agreed upon by Parties
(1) Application period: From February 15, 2021 to April 15, 2021,
(2) Result Announcement and approval date: The end of November-December 2021.
(3) The execution period of the joint project: from January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2023, a period of 2 years (Project Duration)
Find more at https://icssr.org/icssr-most-taiwan-joint-call-research-proposals-2022